Indian weddings are so much fun. In India you will find a wide variety of people around. They all share different cultures. Getting invitation to different weddings and attending them would give you a good idea about their rich culture. In Kapu matrimony you will find a lot of fine options in the rituals. They are meaningful and fun. They have involvement of even the farthest relatives.
There are a few things that you must know about these weddings
- The first ceremony is the Nischay ceremony. In this the two families meet for the first time and they carry out talks. The girl meets the boy and there is also matching of horoscopes. If everything seems fine then wedding is finalized. This ceremony is mainly for fixing the wedding talks and thus it is called as Nischay ceremony.
- Later, a Mahurat is decided on which the engagement would take place. Thus, you will find an engagement ceremony where in there would be exchange of rings and also there would be some dance and all, if the families are modern and are fine with the current wedding celebrations.
- There is a strange and interesting ceremony called as Snatakam. In this, you will see that the priest comes home to the groom’s place. The priest takes up the rituals. In this, the father of the groom gives the responsibilities of the home to the groom. This is because, now since he is about to get married, he would be a responsible man.
- Mangal Sutra plays a vital role in Kapu matrimony. You will find that almost when all the rituals is about to get over, there would be a ritual called as mangal sutra tying. After that, the talambralu would be showered on the couple.
- On the 16th day of wedding, there is one more ritual where there would be involvement of mangal sutra. In this, two mangal sutras have to be tied together and this means that now there has been union of two lives. This is the time when the bride has to wear a nice sari. There would be blessing ceremony after this ritual.
These are some of the things that you need to understand. There are some of the rituals which are just like those in Hindus. There would be saptapadi and kanyadan too. Weddings are the time to have lot of fun.
Food is served in an authentic way. You will really enjoy this. Kapu weddings are charming. The bride and the groom, both get ready very well. This is the best time of their life. The guests would also be given some gifts. Some people opt for personalized gifts while some people buy the general ones. The invitation cards that they distribute are also quite amazing. Indian weddings are so much fun. In India you will find a wide variety of people around. They all share different cultures. Getting invitation to different weddings and attending them would give you a good idea about their rich culture. These are some of the important things you need to know about Kapu weddings.