Shadi.com, every newly-wed girl, marriage seems like a bed of roses. She has in her eyes dreams of having a perfect and comfortable life, with the man of her dreams. However, there are a lot of responsibilities that come tagged along with marriage. There is no doubt that every woman has a right to lead a comfortable life that she deserves. Keeping this in mind, it is important that a woman maintains her financial independence and saves more for a comfortable future for herself as well as her family. However, this task is not as easy for housewives as it is for a working woman. She must save money from within the salary of her husband for running the house as well as taking care of her own needs. So, the question that arises in the mind of every housewife is that how can she complete this task? Well, we here has a solution. We present to you some tips that will help you in saving money after marriage:
- Know your finances: It is very necessary for newly-wed housewives to know about their husbands’ financial standing. Make sure to sit with your husband and know about your financial positioning and assets. This will help you a lot in saving money.
- Make a priority list: Make a list of things which are most important and need to be taken care of in your household. As per that, set your financial priorities and shop and run the house.
- Educate yourself: It is very important for housewives to have full knowledge of financial and investment processes. Knowing banking too is important. The more you know about it, the more confident you will feel while handling money.
- Make a budget: It is important to fix a set budget for running a household. Hence, make a monthly budget of things that are required to run your home. Keep the fixed amount of money for purchasing household items, rations, outings, paying of helpers etc. This way, you’ll know exactly how to manage the money for a month.
- Maintain a diary of household expenses: It is a good idea to note down everything and place where you have spent money. This way, at the end of the month, you’ll clearly know when, where and how much you have spent.
- Have an independent account for savings: Make sure to have an independent account of your own. In this, deposit little amount of money that you have saved every month. This way, you will have some individual money of your own, which you can use for personal expenses or in times of any unforeseen emergency.
- Keep a piggy bank: Deposit all the left-over change and coins in a piggy bank. This, in some time, will turn into a substantial amount of money, which can be used or exchanged for notes later.
Follow the given tips and you are sure to become an ace at saving. This, not only will create a good first impression on your new family but will also help you in winning your hubby’s appreciation. Here’s wishing you all the best!
Download the Shaadi.com app and find your perfect match from the largest Matrimony site