The saying goes that the world is a small place, and with the rapid expansion of technology, it is becoming smaller by the minute. The power of the internet is such that it has literally brought the world to out finger tips. From reading your favorite book to dating a person of your choice, all things can be done at the click of a button. Off late, online dating has become a rage. With sites like tinder and match, it has become very easy for people to register online and try finding the person of their dreams. The anonymity these sites provide makes them all the more comfortable for an individual to find their prince or princess charming. However, there are always two sides to a coin. While dating sites can be fun, they also prove to be a breeding ground for stalkers. Many times we come across news items where dating online has gone terribly wrong, spoiling lives many times. But does it mean that we shy away from online dating totally? The answer is a definite no. Just because of some dirty fish, the whole pond should not be deemed unclean. Where there are failures, there are success stories as well. We come across many happy couples who met online and become life partners later on. However, there are some tips that you should keep in mind for your own safety when you are dating online:
- Research of the partner’s profile: Make sure to check the profile of a person thoroughly before taking the leap. Search for images and information online to make sure you are not dealing with a fake profile or stalker.
- Don’t give out personal details: Never ever give out personal details like your residential address, phone number, official address, e-mail ID etc. on your online dating profile. Doing so is no less than inviting the devil himself into your home.
- Don’t share your photos: It is better not to share your pictures online until the time you have the person in real. This can lead to your pictures being used in a wrong way, the results of which can be awful.
- Privacy settings: Make sure to set your profile in such a way that it is only seen by a selected few, rather than the whole public. This will ensure your safety.
- Meet in a public place: Make sure to meet the person you want to date in a crowded public place rather than a secluded venue. Also, make sure not to go to his place or call him home until the time you are sure about continuing your relationship.
- Involve a friend: Always confide into a close friend about the person whom you are dating online. Give him or her all the details and take their opinion. If possible, then request your friend to accompany you on your first date.
Keep the given tips in mind and make your online dating a hassle free experience. As they say, it’s better to be safe than sorry! So be careful and enjoy!
Download the Shaadi.com app and find your perfect match from the largest Matrimonial site