The wedding market is one of the biggest growing businesses in the world today. Gone are the days when people use to compromise on finances when it came to weddings. The present day generation is ready to do all that it takes to make their wedding day the most memorable day of their lives. For the same, there is a latest trend that is taking over the matrimonial market, which is the idea of hiring a wedding planner. Wedding planners are mainly people who have the expertise of arranging the whole event and all the celebrations and functions that place in the wedding. They know the people who need to be contacted in order to make the whole event memorable and smooth.
However, while hiring a wedding planner is actually a good idea, it has its own drawbacks as well. Let us now see the pros and cons of hiring a professional wedding planner:
- You become relaxed: when you hire a professional wedding planner to take care of the whole event, you become mentally and physically relaxed. With him or her at the job, you just need to sit back and enjoy the whole festive atmosphere around you, surrounded by your loved ones.
- You get more time: with no wedding hustle bustle to take care of, you can easily end up with a lot of time at your hand. This time you can spend catching up on your beauty sleep, getting pampered or with your family and friends.
- More cost effective planning: a wedding planner is a professional who knows his or her job well. They can help make your event much more memorable in a cost effective way. They have resources and novel ideas, which help in better event management, even if you opt to do it yourself.
- They handle people you don’t want to: being a wedding planner, it is their job to know people who do the planning work at the grass root level. These people may include caterers, decorators, tent people, band walas, mehendi artists, etc. while a wedding cannot be imagined without these people, you might end up facing problems while bargaining and settling finances with them. However, your wedding planner on the other hand does this as a day to day job, and can get you a good deal in no time.
- You lose control: some wedding planners turn out to be tough cookies and want to get things done their own way. They pay no heed to your opinions and ideas, hence making you lose control of you own wedding.
- A costly affair: hiring a wedding planner brings you the additional expense of paying him or her as well. Hence, you not only end up spending money of the wedding arrangements, but paying the wedding planner over the top as well.
- No personal touch: a wedding planned by a professional planner will surely lack your personal touch, which you may repent later.
While hiring a wedding planner will surely ease you up, it will have it’s cons as well. So think well before deciding. All the best!
Download the Shaadi.com app and find your perfect match from the largest Matrimonial site