All humans have a basic tendency to look out for love. People all over the world are looking around to find an ideal partner for themselves. However, the need for all may be slightly different from each other. While there are some who are looking for long term relationships like marriage, on the other hand, there are others who are just looking out for spend quality time with a person who matches their interests and create memories for life.
When we look into the relationship statistics on the whole, we often come across these two different kinds of people. Deeming one to be morally correct and the other to be incorrect would totally be a wrong practice. Hence, keeping the needs of both in mind, people have recently come up with two different kind of sites and portals, namely dating sites and matrimonial sites. However, since these kinds of sites are relatively new in India, there are a lot of myths associated with the same. One of the biggest myth in this regard is that dating sites are a threat to matrimonial ones and that, they can end up ruining the sanctity of marriage. This is as far from the truth as possible. The truth is that both kinds of sites are totally different from each other, each meant for a different sect of people. Let us try and analyze the main differences between both:
Dating sites and their purpose:
When we talk about dating sites in particular, they are mainly aimed at dating for casual purpose only. The main reasons behind creating such sites are as follows:
- Dating sites are only meant for people who want to meet and date new people.
- People registered on these sites are not looking for long term relationships.
- During the initial phase, the relationship shared by the individuals involved is often non-committed. However, if the two individuals involved click with each other, it might just lead to a committed relationship.
- No family involvement is there in these sites
- Such sites are designed only for casual meet and eat purpose.
- The profiles are not thoroughly scrutinized before being uploaded on sites.
Matrimonial sites and their purpose:
Matrimonial sites are considered to be one of the most popular sites amongst Indians. As arranged marriages are still more popular in comparison to their love counterparts in India, these sites act like hot cakes for families seeking a good match for their loved one. There are as many as 1500 matrimonial sites in India alone. The purpose for creating such sites is as follows:
- These sites are mainly made for people wanting to get married.
- Here, matches are found for long term relationships, unlike casual dating.
- The people here are looking for a partner, who seems ideal for them and adjust well into their family set up.
- There is lot of family involvement in the same. In fact, many a times the profiles are made by the families rather than the person in question.
As the whole purpose behind dating and matrimonial sites is different, hence neither should be considered a threat to the other. So go ahead and look for a partner, as per your liking.
Download the Shaadi.com app and find your perfect match from the largest Matrimonial site.