As the old saying goes, “The first impression is always the last impression.” In present day scenario, nothing can be truer than this. We live in times where life is moving on at a superfast pace and everything, including relationships, needs to have a strong impact on a person’s life for it to move smoothly. Due to the lack of time, one trend that is becoming popular these days is that of online dating. It is a perfect platform for those who seldom find time for their personal lives and hence, seek companionship of similar souls online. If you click with someone on such a platform, then a personal meeting is inevitable. Hence, it becomes all the more important for you to create a good first impression on your first face to face date. So, if you are wondering as to how you can do so, we have here some tips for you:
- Select a perfect venue and ambience: be very selective when it comes to choosing the perfect venue for your date. Rather than going to noise filled places like a movie theatre, choose a place which is calm and sere, which will give you a chance to know and talk to each other in a peaceful and romantic environment. Your venue selection will talk volumes about the kind of person that you are and will surely make a good impression on your date.
- Dress to kill: Your dressing sense is a reflection of what you are as a person on the inside. Make sure to dress in the finest of your clothes, keeping in mind the venue of your date. Make sure to wear something formal like a dress or ethnic wear if going to a fine-dining place, or your casual wear, if you are meeting your date in a sports bar.
- Talk sense: It is very much understandable that you might be a little nervous when you meet your date for the first time. However, don’t let it come across as an excuse for becoming a blabber-mouth. Make sure that you talk sensibly with your date. Just don’t keep on talking for no reason just to cover up your nervousness.
- Be a good listener: Give your date a chance to talk. Listen and give importance to his opinions. By listening to him you can actually get an insight into the kind of a person that he really is. This will, in turn help you judge him better as well.
- Don’t discuss your personal problems: Make it a point to never discuss any kind of a personal problem on your first date. By doing so, you only come across as a cry-baby, who is seeking help from the outside world. Remember that you are on a date, not a therapy session.
Always keep these given tips in mind while going on your first date. Come across as a strong and confident person, whom your date would like to meet and see again. All the best!
Download the Shaadi.com app and find your perfect match from the largest Matrimonial site.