The sartorial tales of Indian weddings, especially Tamil Matrimony can be overwhelming on many occasions. Your intensity in searching the perfect outfit for your Tamil wedding gets more intensified when you search for the right apparel for the bride. Yes, getting the perfect bride can be the most nerve-wrecking task. While shararas, gararas and lehengas have their way made their way to virtually all cultures and communities of the country, sari remains the most favorite choice for any bridal ensemble.
For the Tamil bride, you need to swear by the garment and your bridal look. Here are some of the best saris that can bolster your look.
- Kanjeevaram Sari: While talking about the saris down south, let’s start with the majestic Kanjeevaram varieties and beauties. The name is derived from the small tranquil and temple town known as Kanchipuram. It is situated around 80 kilometers from Chennai. Adored for their gorgeous and fabric traditional appeal, kanjeevaram or Kanchipuram silk is woven by hand. They are made from mulberry silk thread. They are silkworms that produce the thread. They are fed and bred on mulberry leaves.
- Know your kanjeevaram: The sari derives its identity from authentic Zari, which is a silver-thread. It entails electro plating of gold, patterns and embroidery of fauna, flora and culture. Elephants, parrots, horses and peacocks are some of the most stunning patterns that adorn the magnificent gold-brocaded borders and pallus. Both traditional and tribal themes and motifs draw inspiration from the famous Pallava palaces and temples, scenes from epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana are also weaved on the garment, giving it an ethnic and timeless look.
- Chettinad Sari: The name is derived from a small town in the southern flank of Tamil Nadu. You can wear the Chettinad sari, which is another stunning option for the bridal outfit. These are expert weavers and artisans crafting these saris with vestige designs. Cotton is the fabric mostly, but nowadays, even silk is integrated into the garment. The incorporation is grand. The use of cotton and silk threads create a modest and fresh appeal in the saris, rendering a contemporary look. The best thing is that it manages to retain the traditional charm. The saris are framed for building an awesome visual illusion. It uses a plethora of designs and colors.
- Knowing your Chittenad: The implementation of vertical and horizontal lines along with checks in vivid, complementary hues make it vibrant and elegant piece. The broad border in excellent contrasting tint adds to its beauty. Many people also call it a Kandaangi sari. The traditional drapes are generally available in hues like black, brick red and mustard. So, for those weddings that have plenty of morning rituals and mostly outdoor ones, Chettinad sari can indeed be a graceful and attractive bet.
- Konrad sari: Another specialty from the state to spice up your Tamil Matrimony is the konrad sari. It’s also called the temple sari for its stunning motifs and wide borders.
The artisans add the wedding look by designing them with splendid motifs like elephants and peacocks representing fecundity, fertility and water.
Download the TamilShaadi app and find Tamil brides & Grooms using one of the best Tamil Matrimony app.