We Indians are never the ones to shut their doors on any new thing or tradition. We have always welcomed new ideas and concepts and have also tried to bring those new ideas into their lives.This is exactly how the concept of dating arrived in India. Influenced by American movies and USA dating scenario, it was welcomed with open arms, especially by the new generation, making dating its own. Not only the girls, but even their parents look forward to such a match. Marrying their daughter to a boy settled abroad is a dream of many Indians. They believe that by doing so, they in a way ensure the financial security and a comfortable lifestyle for their darling princess. However, there have been many instances, where these things have backfired. Often, we come across cases, when girls and families have been duped by so-called NRI’s or boys based in the USA, who later leave the girl to fend for herself. Hence, it becomes most important to take care of certain things, which need to be taken care of, when you are dating or planning to get married to a boy based in the USA:
- Check the credentials: first of all, make it a point to do a background check on the person you are dating. Always check the credentials of the boy before getting involved seriously. Do make a check of all the claims and his whereabouts to be sure of what you are getting into.
- Do not trust online dating sites: Since you are based in India and the guy in the US, make sure to only date him if you have mutual relatives or friends. Never trust the claims of any boy as per his credentials mentioned on online dating sites.
- Don’t trust people blindly: Even if you meet your boyfriend through some common friends, still make sure to do a background check. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Be yourself: Once you are sure about the guy, you can date him. But make sure to be yourself while doing so. It is easy to get cowed down by towing the line for a date in front of a guy who hails from the place that invented the whole concept but does remember it is you who he is trying to woo and so be yourself and leave a mark.
- Meet the family: make sure to meet the boy’s family often and try to get to know them better. This will help you also to ascertain the real him which is hiding behind the tough guy.
- Pride for the country: never try to put down your country or its traditions and customs by defaming it in front of a US boy. Rather, try and get him more familiar with your culture. The sense of superiority should germinate from one’s achievements and not origins.
Make sure to keep these things in mind while you are dating a boy who is based in the USA. Here’s wishing you all the best!
Download the Shaadi.com app and find your perfect match from the largest Matrimonial site